It’s better to give than receive.
That’s only partially true. Because when it comes to the Picaboo book I made my mother, I was both proud of my book and sad it was going to someone else. I spent hours on my book. I scrutinized every image, background and embellishment. I even shared it several times with my husband to get his advice. (Then I ignored his feedback and stuck with my own direction.)
I fell in love with my book. And so did my mom.
Have you been there? Have you experienced the pain of giving away a present you worked so hard on? Ok. Maybe I’m being a bit dramatic. But I work on my projects just as hard as our customers. Each project is a labor of love.
I know I’m not alone here. That’s why we’re doing something a bit different this year. We’re making it easier for you to purchase your gifts for you. And to make sure you don’t feel guilty, we’re offering a site-wide 25% discount on our entire product line when you use coupon code, BYEBYE11. This includes everything. For me, this is my opportunity to upgrade from a Classic Leather Book to my favorite book style, the elegant Victorian. But maybe you just want a copy of your Picaboo Calendar or another Canvas Print. Or quite possibly, you’ve always wanted a book with lay-flat pages. If that’s the case, I completely understand. Go for it.
For those of you that want to upgrade your book, here are a couple of things you should know.
1. All of our Prestige Books come in landscape format. If you created your initial book in landscape, we suggest you make a copy of your current book and save it with a new title.
To save a copy, follow these steps:
- Select your project in the Picaboo Library.
- Click “File” in the top menu, then select “Save As”.
- Enter a name for the copy you’re saving.
- Click OK.
- Your original will now be saved on your library shelf and you can begin editing the copy. FYI: Sometimes, library icons of similar projects look the same. To see the project title, mouse over the project without clicking on it.
- Open your new project and select the prestige book you’d like to use.
2. Square books cannot be converted into landscape books. If you created a Classic Custom hardcover 8×8 or 12×12, you can use the same photos but you will need to create a new book. Here’s how to import your images from your previous project into your new book:
- Click “Photo Book” in the Create menu in the left sidebar.
- Choose your book format (All Prestige books come in landscape format only.)
- Select a theme for your book.
- Under “Sources” in the photo selector, click “My Projects”.
- Navigate to the Picaboo project that contains the photos you want to use.
- Have fun. Make your book.
3. Our Classic book styles require a minimum of 10 pages to ensure proper binding. Our prestige line requires at least between 12 – 14 pages for proper binding.
4. Each photo book style is unique. We’ve listed our entire line of book styles to help you find the one that fits your project best.
Regency Books feature an elegant padded leather cover with subtle stitching and an inset cover photo. This book comes in British tan or black and can include up to 90 lay-flat pages or 160 pages if you opt for our standard collection of paper.
Cape Cod Books feature a playful two-toned fine linen hardcover and a debossed cover photo. This book comes in five colors: Black, blue, green, pink and tan and a debossed cover photo. It includes up to 90 lay-flat pages.
Madison Books feature a stylish custom laminated photo cover with a hand-wrapped genuine glove leather around the spine and the back cover. It comes in black, brown, coffee, red and pink and includes up to 90 lay-flat pages.
Victorian Books feature a refined velvet hardcover in black or burgundy and can hold up to 90 lay-flat pages. Instead of a front cover image, you can add up to two lines of cover stamping available in three fonts and four colors options: Black, Gold, Silver, and blind debossing (imprinting with no foil color). Character limits vary by font, capitalization and characters used. Only US English keyboard characters can be used for cover stamping. To help you pick the right font, here are the character limits for each:
- Duchess font: Up to 30 characters on each line (up to 16 characters if they are all caps)
- Mink font: Up to 27 characters on each line (up to 23 characters if they are all caps)
- Wellesley font: Up to 30 characters on each line (up to 26 if they are all caps)
Ranch Books feature full-grain stitched distressed leather available in black or brown. Just like the Victorian, you can add up to two lines of cover stamping in three fonts and four colors: Black, Gold, Silver, and blind debossing (imprinting with no foil color). The number of characters allowed per line is pre-set in the software so you don’t inadvertently add more characters than will fit on the cover. Character limits vary by font, capitalization, and characters used. We can only support US English keyboard characters for cover stamping. Character limits are listed in the Victorian description. You can include up to 90 lay-flat pages.
Flush Mount Books are the crème de la crème of photo books. Featuring genuine leather hardcover in black, brown, coffee, red or white and up to 90 lay-flat pages, this book is sure to delight. You can add up to two lines of cover stamping to the cover in four available colors: Black, Gold, Silver, and blind debossing (imprinting with no foil color). This book is available in the signature Needham font, which allots up to 3o characters on each line or up to 25 characters if they are all caps. The + symbol is not available on flush mount albums.
As you can see, the process isn’t difficult. The hard part will be choosing the right book. What project do you plan upgrading? Don’t forget, our 25% off lasts until 12/28. Here are all the details you need to take advantage of this big offer.